has selected Rev. Bill Seitz to be our Transitional Pastor during our search
for a permanent pastor. Those of you who
were in attendance April 19 got a preview of Rev. Seitzís delivery as he led
the service on that date.
and his wife Jenn have two children, a son Caleb who is in the 1st
grade and daughter Charis who is two.
The family will reside in the manse during their stay in Mena. He is completing his service at his church in
Kansas and will be in our pulpit on June 14.
father is a retired Presbyterian minister and is currently serving as the
Transitional Pastor at Westminster Presbyterian Church in Hot Springs.
Our Congregation welcomes your to the web site of the First Presbyterian Church of Mena, Arkansas. Please read our Mission Statement below and scroll through the web site as our guest.
Joyfully celebrating all that God has done for us in Jesus Christ, our congregation seeks to proclaim the Good News of the Gospel by word and deed to others who have yet to know our risen Lord.
Preparing ourselves for this task, we seek to strengthen our faith through prayer and spiritual reflection
- increase our understanding through the reading of God's Word
- participate in corporate worship which unites us together in spirit and in truth
- transform and reform our congregational life as we continually attempt to discern God's will
- follow the teachings of Jesus by serving others in His name
- reach out in love to members of our community, particularly those who are disadvantaged
- attempt to widen our vision as we support the work of missionaries at home and abroad
We are humbly aware of our inadequacies yet we know that, through the guidance of God's Holy Spirit, we can accomplish great things. We remember Scripture tells us that "With God, nothing is impossible."